A Risk-Based Approach to Managing Food Safety Why It’s Important and Keys to Success
Complimentary Webinar – Friday, November 15
Today’s complex global food supply chain – and pressure to provide safe food while staying within operational KPIs – is leaving already lean food safety operations struggling to keep up with regulatory, 3rd party and customer requirements for delivering a safe product. This is why leading F&B companies are moving toward a risk-based approach to Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA).
Join us for this important 60-minute complimentary webinar where special guest speaker, Melanie Neumann, J.D., M.S., Vice President & CFO with The Acheson Group, will discuss the:
- Benefits of a risk-based approach to food safety, including prioritization of FSQA resources, improved CAPA timeliness and proactive preventive controls
- Key types of risks the food industry needs to manage
- Key risk factors for F&B companies at each stage of the food supply chain
- Risk management process and keys to success
- Creation of preventive controls once risks are identified
- Documentation and record keeping needs for traceability and audit responsiveness
Ms. Neumann will be joined by SafetyChain SVP and Co-Founder, Barbara Levin, who will provide an overview of how FSQA technology can support the risk management process.
Melanie Neumann, J.D., M.S.
- Vice President & CFO with The Acheson Group
- 15 years of experience food law/ regulatory and recall /crisis management matters
- Advises raw material supply chain participants in food and consumer safety, product recall, crisis management, traceability, food defense
- Neumann’s previous roles include: Manager of Food Safety Risk Consulting Services for PWC; Vice President, Crisis Management & General Counsel for RQA; and In-house counsel for Hormel, Schwan
Sign up below for this complimentary webinar.